Medicating children

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Thu May 24 10:02:11 PDT 2001

At 10:03 PM 05/23/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I do not know whether you experienced the dubious joy of having a child,
>especially a "problem" one - but the above posting looks like you are
>merely reciting a "politically correct" line without having much first-hand
>experience. But try to imagine following situations:

I don't know whether your scenario is real or imaginary. My sister has been a case worker in child-protection for the last five years and she has never run accross anything like this. Yes, I do know that sometimes the child-protection people step in for the wrong reason, at the wrong time, etc., but 99.99% of the time, it is to intervene in situations that would make your hair stand on end. Note that even in your example, what is hurting the single mom is not the child protection agency, but her lack of money and status.

Joanna B