The Tax Bill & the D's

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Mon May 28 12:12:05 PDT 2001

Max,

According to one news report I watched, the Bush tax scheme would start a new category -- those earning $6,000 per year would be taxed at 10%. This seems like it will hurt lots of disabled persons since many are working part time, as well as students. If I remember correctly the standard deduction on the tax form is over $6,000. So what is going on here. Who is going to get the load of this tax?

Marta