The Left, The Public, was Re: Ideology....

Archer.Todd at ic.gc.ca Archer.Todd at ic.gc.ca
Tue May 29 07:04:55 PDT 2001

Carrol said:

>And on other lists I am (or will be) involved in an effort to maintain
>the meaningfulness of the category "capitalism," against the efforts >of
(at least some) world-systems adherents, and the tendency of Blaut's arguments, to reduce it to mush by equating it with commercial >activity.

Do you mean solely equating it with commercial activity and NOTHING else (not even elements of "non-commercial activity" which impinge upon it e.g. relationships). Is that what is meant by these adherents and this Blaut fellow?

Todd