stereotypes (and orthodoxy)

Archer.Todd at ic.gc.ca Archer.Todd at ic.gc.ca
Thu May 31 13:12:14 PDT 2001

Carrol said:

>The predominant party line seems to be competition in
>who can most mock the largest number of the people trying to get along
>as best as they can in the U.S. of today. We may not be able to bring
>down the Empire but we sure as hell are death on bad grammar and big
>cars.

Well . . . yes Carrol, but contributing to the list need not always be for "serious" planning and info-exchange. Mockery is just venting most of the time and can be relatively harmless (as is here, I think). Seems to me "lefities" have little of magnitude to crow over (so far), and we take our shots where we can to assauge our tender undernourished egos. Not conducive to good strategy, but understandable.

Carrol said:

Anyhow, I'd rather be right than be bright.

I'd rather do the "right thing" regardless of who tells me what is right: myself or another (as soon as I can figure out what "right" is).

Todd