lbo-talk-digest V1 #4408

Timothy Francis-Wright twright at ziplink.net
Thu May 31 20:38:41 PDT 2001

kelley at interpectinc.com wrote:

>Opera, the Norwegian software company trying to compete with Microsoft and
>AOL/Netscape, has been releasing new versions of its web browser. The
>latest is version 5.11 and we've just made a special trade union version
>of this available on the LabourStart website. Check out
>http://www.labourstart.org/opera.shtml for details and to download this
>bit of free, essential software.
>
>.

yeah, i use it. but Opera also depends on Microsoft's IE in order to do it's work!

The Opera web site claims that Opera is completely independent from IE. The number of platforms that Opera supports and IE doesn't lends credence to that claim.

Some other browsers like NeoPlanet do depend on IE, however.

--Tim Francis-Wright