lbo-talk-digest V1 #5189

Macdonald Stainsby mstainsby at tao.ca
Thu Nov 1 01:52:34 PST 2001

Re what is below here: While it is no secret to any of you by now that I am a supporter of ANSWER/IAC, people who call themselves anti-capitalists know that one needs to win over the working class. This cannot be done with absolute garbage and traitorous nonsense like this from the AFL-CIO as their leadership continues to support the war (and much else reactionary). They are posing as workers friends and being wholly reactionary- 100%.

Re-aim your fire. This cabal of power is far more deadly than anything the IAC did by helping to propel an immediate declaration of action against the war. Quit acting like the very mirror image of the supposed sectarianism of the Red left and start fighting for a real workers agenda. John Sweeney is far more dangerous than any WWP pronouncement on China or bad manners in meetings.

Macdonald (furious and frustrated by watching leftists treat the current situation to a series of navel gazing nonsensical attacks on itself- sadly, as usual).