Arguments for ground war -- HUH?

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Thu Nov 1 08:31:35 PST 2001

At 08:57 AM 11/1/01 -0600, Lou Paulsen wrote:

>It all comes of that idea, favored by Nathan, that it is very bad just to
>have "negative" demands like "no to war", "stop the bombing", "no to
>genocide", "end the death penalty", etc.

i don't recall exactly how nathan put it, but for me the point was that it was okay to "just say no...". since that makes for good slogans and gets the idea across., for now. however, when actually trying to defend your position to people you love, live with, work with, etc., then it's a good idea to be able to offer an alternative when you are asked, "well, what would you do smarty pants." how is it that you guys get to live in a world where you don't get asked that question and, if you do, why do you want to live like that in the first place?