Le Figaro -Ben Laden Met With CIA

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 10:44:18 PST 2001

--- Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com> wrote:

A report in Le Figaro is not quite like a report in
> The Enquirer, but it's
> getting there.

Michael,

While I dont care for the usual ideological orientation of "Le Figaro" (conservative), I really dont know why you would make that comment. I dont read Le Figaro much these days (so maybe I have missed a recent trend) but I would consider them a relatively responsible news source in most cases. Should I think otherwise?

For Le Figaro to release that kind of statement is quite significant...I agree with Hakki, I think it probably did get approval from Quai d'Orsay and is probably a harbinger of what the french position will be in the near future.

-Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx