Question -- Repeal of Corporate Alternative mininum tax

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Thu Nov 1 11:16:24 PST 2001

Start with CTJ, www.ctj.org , then try www.brookings.edu and Urban Institute www.urban.org sites.

max

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Kirsten Neilsen Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2001 1:38 PM To: Lbo-Talk Subject: Question -- Repeal of Corporate Alternative mininum tax

It is easy to find analysis from the right about why corporate AMT is bad and why the repeal/refund is reasonable policy. (not saying such analyses are correct, just that they provide an actual arguments.) However, after some (admittedly not thorough) research, I have been unable to find anything similar coming from the left. I have found plenty of braod, emotional condemnations, but no analysis.

Could one of you economist types point me to a left analysis of the corporate AMT and proposed repeal/refund?

Thanks very much