Top down or bottom up?

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Thu Nov 1 16:47:26 PST 2001

>>Maybe it was all of the heated discussion concerning Andrew "barebackin"
>>Sullivan
>>that gave him the idea that LBO-list is a hotbed of pansexual debauchery
and
>>licentiousness?
>>
>>Peter

kelley:
>great. so leo and nathan convinced everyone that it was really about
>titillation? so all the talk of theory and political practice were
>completely lost on even you?

no, no, no, I thought Lance's thread is hilarious! Remember, I was the guy who told Pope Carrol to just say no to online porn when he was complaining about his wrist? My mind is always in the gutter.

I was going to add "Alas, only if it were so" but didn't want to get too cheesy.

I imagined poor Lance scanning the archives and coming across the Andrew Sullivan thread and becoming so incensed he had to write a lengthy screed. What could be more hilarious? Here's how I see it: a bunch of leftists are going at it like caged animals when some random guy pops up to shout, "Hey, you're all a bunch of fags!"

That guy doesn't know what he's talking about. I hate the New Republic, for one, as do a lot of people here I bet. Two, as you pointed out everybody wants the labor movement to be successful. Three, Pat Buchanan doesn't give a rat's ass about Mexican grocery baggers. I was overjoyed when the AFL-CIO changed course recently and came out for immigrants. (A "complicated issue" according to our prudish friend.) One of the great things about the anti-corporate globalization movement is that it's fairly international and will only become more so in my opinion.

Peter