Trolls from the New Republic

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Thu Nov 1 22:22:58 PST 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Aaron Page" <apage at tnr.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2001 7:01 PM Subject: Re: Trolls from the New Republic

> Ah... Well, my bad. Just joined the list recently--I guess I
underestimated the level of snarkiness in force here. Even coming from the list administrator.

> I suppose I read the original post as more frustrated than hostile (though
certainly a
> little hostile). Certainly I thought it was seriously asking for a
response, for a debate.

Lance's point that different left goals may well be at odds is well-taken, and I suspect that I'm not alone here in thinking that. However, hostility on a list is often met as it is elsewhere: with equal or greater hostility, be it in the form of insults or ridicule.

-- Luke