Arguments for ground war

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Fri Nov 2 09:22:28 PST 2001

At 12:17 AM 11/3/01 +0800, Greg Schofield wrote:
>"i think you're living in a burrow if you think USers are going to stop
>supporting a war if body bags come home."
>
>Why assume that the point is what the US decides to do, perhaps the end
>product of this whole conflict will be its toppling from its perch - at
>least I hope so.

call me a dim bulb, but i didn't get a thing you were trying to say.

i'll try again when i'm less distracted.

but if i did get half of what you said, i'd say that Kafka's Burrow is appropos: "And it is not only by external enemies that I am threatened. There are also enemies in the bowels of the earth. I have never seen them, but legend tells of them and I firmly believe them. They are creatures of the inner earth . . . they come, you hear the scratching of their claws just under you in the ground . . . and already you are lost."