Air Support to Ground Troops Re: Arguments for ground war

Greg Schofield g_schofield at dingoblue.net.au
Fri Nov 2 10:13:43 PST 2001

I will take the heavy hint and cease and desist.

A pity because there was are some impoirtant things which seemed to have been missed.

Greg Schofield Perth Australia

--- Message Received --- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 11:47:49 -0500 Subject: Re: Air Support to Ground Troops Re: Arguments for ground war

Luke Weiger wrote:

>Undoubtedly so, but only if it's a realistic concern:
>http://www.tnr.com/110501/chait110501.html

With Aaron gone, I guess we need someone else to channel Peretz and Beinart.

The anxieties about famine come from aid workers who are there. The bromides come from neoconservatives in editorial offices in DC.

I love this bit from Chait:

>In fact, the more territory the United States liberates from Taliban
>control, the more food it can deliver to starving Afghans.

Has the military ction "liberated" a square inch of Taliban territory? The war is going disastrously even *on its own terms*.

Doug