Chaos Theory and Leftist Economics

Forstater, Mathew ForstaterM at umkc.edu
Fri Nov 2 13:57:49 PST 2001

Michael - You must have missed the word "left" in the question. I know people are arguing the Austrians are heterodox these days, but don't tell me that now they are also candidates for being anywhere near 'left' on the political spectrum!

Note to Ian if he reads this: with all due respect, you may be assuming too much when you tell a non-economist who asks about chaos theory and left economics to just type Kaldor into google! Elaboration, please, or you may be sending poor Thomas on a frustrating ride through the web.

Mat

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Perelman [mailto:michael at ecst.csuchico.edu] Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 3:46 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: Chaos Theory and Leftist Economics

The Hayek crowd has pushed hardest in this direction, arguing that the spontaneous order of markets is the appropriate response to chaos, since planning is virtually impossible in the face of chaos.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu