Air Support to Ground Troops Re: Arguments for ground war

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Nov 2 16:37:47 PST 2001

Jacob Segal wrote:

> Question for Carrol,
>
> Playing Devil's advocate: Is it not possible that the elimination of bin
> Laden and his network might reduce terrorism to some degree, assuming bin
> Laden is the organizational and financial hub of much of this activity?
>
> Just asking!
>
> Jacob Segal

1. I don't know.

2. In any case, what I think or don't think is not going to have any effect whatever on the capture or non-capture of Bin Laden.

3. What I'm pushing for is a recognition that out thought (because of the nature of our actual &/or potential power) must be focused on the somewhat distant future (a year or so), and that the demand to think about those millions who are about to die is in fact cruel -- it is either unthinking or it is merely a way of distracting thought.

Carrol