Brad weighs in

H. Curtiss Leung hncl at panix.com
Sat Nov 3 11:35:44 PST 2001

Peter wrote:

> I bet Aaron Page was not interested in dialogue in the slightest. I've met
> a number of New Republic partisans over the years and one thing they have
> in common - besides immense ambition - is an overriding hatred of
> the "looney left." (The Nader campaign probably drove a number them
> over the ledge.) So if they hate us for what we stand for (just as ObL
> hates the United States) I see no reason to turn the other cheek.

I didn't think he was here for the conversation either. I saw--rather, *smelled*--that he was someone up to something; namely, having a nice link to use in the on-line TNR to show that a left economics journalist (Doug, the charismatic leader) and those associated with same were utterly ignornant of their professed field of interest and expertise. Hence my quip as to when we could see it in the magazine.

But if he *did* look in the archives...well, he can't read very well. So either he's dumb or dishonest. If he's the former...gosh, I'm sorry, and I hope he signs up for a remedial reading class soon (didn't Generalissmo Hitchens claim to have taught them when he wondered whether Dubya was illiterate?). If he's the latter, I say bash back and bash back hard. -- Curtiss

PS. HTTP servers know the IP address of the referring page a client comes from, don't they?