Chaos Theory and Leftist Economics

Christian A. Gregory christian11 at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 3 14:35:15 PST 2001

> From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com>
> >
> > To be fair to the right, which I suppose one should be, they make a
> > distinction between internal corporate planning and economy-wide
> > planning. Corporations that make bad plans lose money and can go
> > under, while those that made good plans will thrive; economies that
> > make bad plans have to live with the consequences. Not that I
> > subscribe to this, but it is what they'd say.
> >
> > Doug

In the US? Firms that loose money go under? Jeff Bezos will be surprised to hear that, as would most farmers.

Isn't the reason that they say that internal corporate planning is better is b/c it's supposed to reduce transactions costs--as opposed to outsourcing everything? So that, the argument is ideologically driven by cost, though, as the private-public-partnership accounting retooling in the UK shows, if you ever proove that the public sector can be more efficient, then there must be something wrong with your numbers.

Christian