Brad weighs in

James Heartfield Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 4 00:06:36 PST 2001

In message <000b01c16492$377805a0$ddf28318 at mw.mediaone.net>, Dennis <dperrin13 at mediaone.net> writes

Answering

>Chuck0:
>
>> What is the political orientation of TNR
>> exactly?

> by the mid-80s TNR was
>supporting contra aid (though did allow dissenting articles to appear, the
>best being Jefferson Morley's profile of former contra commander Edgar
>Chamorro), the bombing of Libya, aid to the Afghan "freedom fighters" --
>indeed the entire "Reagan Doctrine"

I might have missed it but surely there is a great journalistic job to be done digging up all of the praise heaped upon the Afghan freedom fighters by the Reagan (and Thatcher) right in the early eighties. I'm presuming that this does not happen so much because people don't know how to research before news articles were posted on the web.

Crustily

-- James Heartfield