Green Party official busted at gunpoint

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Nov 4 07:01:26 PST 2001

>Second, as any BLACK person will tell you, long before
>September 11th, when law enforcement officials are fucking
>with your shit and tossing your car or your house, you do
>not interfere. If you feel the need to assist, with a stuck
>zipper on your luggage, for example, you ask politely if
>you can help with that. You do not grab at it as if you
>were dealing with your clumsy spouse or child.
>
>Only a fucking white person, whose mind has been liquified
>by the benefits of white skin privilige, would even remotely
>think that you could "show your ass" in this sort of climate
>and get away with it. People of color have been putting up
>with this type of motherfucking bullshit since the founding
>of this demonic fucking country!
>
>Why didn't they take you to jail or arrest you!? Stupidass!
>If you had been BLACK or ARAB they probably would have!!!!!
>The only thing that saved you from a good beatdown was that
>your white ass wasn't viewed as a true threat! They just
>wanted to fuck with you a little bit, but they didn't
>want to go so far as to damage that creamy white skin!
>
>On the other hand, if I had done what she did, you'd be
>reading an email about the Art McGee Legal Defense Fund!
>
>Arrogant bastards!
>
>Dammit!
>
>Art

On the other hand, though, I'm glad that Nancy Oden is making a ruckus & the story is getting around & debated; I hope more whites will resist violations of due process, negations of presumption of innocence, etc. If whites think that it's only aliens (legal & illegal), Muslims, people of color, and/or people of the Middle Eastern backgrounds who are the targets of the ever more repressive US National Security State, most of them will not resist the "USA Patriot" Act & the like as hard as they should. Yes, they _should_ care about blacks & Arabs _as much as_ they care about themselves, but it's a fact that most of them don't. The more they realize that "us" means the masses of the world, be they in the States or Afghanistan, & that "them" means the ruling class & the governing elite of the USA *& their security apparatuses*, the better politically. As long as many whites think that "us" means "Americans" & "them" means "Arab/Muslim terrorists & those who look like them," we have no fighting chance. -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Anti-War Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Anti-War Organizing in Columbus Covered by the Media: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/media.html>