Max's wager

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sun Nov 4 11:30:49 PST 2001

Besides, I said struck, so it's even higher -- it includes the survivors.

The Honest Rainmaker, Michael Pollak.

Odds?

Wasn't the original wager that nothing would happen and that would be proof that the war on Afghanistan worked?

For example, the FBI announced last week that another wave of terrorist attacks were imminent, and since nothing happened, the current measures worked, right? I can't wait to see how well the PATRIOT act works. I guess if nothing continues to happen, then that will be proof positive we are on the right track.

I think the assumption was that the most sensible response to terrorism was for an unelected rightwing president to turn the country into a police-state and start a war in Asia.

I don't know about Max, but I feel much safer now. Where is Max, anyway?

Chuck Grimes