Civil Rights & Liberties or "White Privileges"?

Chris Kromm ckromm at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 4 16:21:10 PST 2001

Yoshie wrote: Well, one of these days, it may come to that we all get shot dead without such "survival skills," but we are not there yet. We don't _want_ to be there, in fact. Get outraged now, resist while you can, so we'll never have to get used to surviving under the fascist state. - --

Amen! I would also point out that there's a school of thought -- put forward by many of the African-American, Arab-American, Latino, etc. radicals I hang out with -- that it's cool for whites to use their "white skin privilege" (however tenuous it may be in particular circumstances) to highlight issues such as this.