Green Party official busted at gunpoint"

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Mon Nov 5 07:17:52 PST 2001

G'day Daniel,

>Rob wrote:

Something far more polite and edifying than that, I'm sure.

>PS: by the way, I was running a few numbers last week, and it appears that
>Rob called the bottom of the NASDAQ as well as the top. Remember that the
>"Rob Schaap 350% Theorem" went as follows:
>
>"According to my rough
>scrawlings, every boom cranks the market up 350%, and then
>unwinds it a good way in a hurry."
>
>If this contained an implied prediction that the NASDAQ would bottom out at
>or near the September 1998 low which marked the beginning of the boom, it
>was spot on. NASDAQ's lowest print was at 1423 on 21 Sept. Anyone buying
>on that day on the basis of the RS350T would have profits of 22% so far.

And yet I must borrow the money with which I intend to back Sky Heights in tomorrow's Melbourne Cup, with nary an LBOPhroaig to comfort me in my ill-deserved poverty ...

Er, I wonder - does the startling success of the DD-mediated-RS350T on its debut in HiTech suggest that the Dow is headed for 3500 before it spends a decade getting back to 11000? 'Twas the Dow's undulations that prompted the scrawlings, y'see ...

Are the Wallabies coming your way, Daniel? Catch 'em if you can. Brilliant enough to be worth watching and inconsistent enough to let a Welshman dream ...

Cheers, Rob.