An Update on our Universe Today

N P Childs npchilds at connect.ab.ca
Sun Nov 4 19:49:15 PST 2001

FYI:

Some sites with information on the upcoming Leonid shower, most reasonable sites will hedge their bets about how big this one could be. Note that for most places the peak will be at around 3:00 a.m. local time, the 'flux estimator' at the NASA site will calculate the likely peak for your area, if you have the latitude and longitude

http://www-space.arc.nasa.gov/~leonid/estimator.html

http://www.namnmeteors.org/

http://www.namnmeteors.org

This site:

http://see.msfc.nasa.gov/see/Leonid_Forecast_2001.html

provides estimated peaks for 30 U.S A and 30 non-U.S. cities.

I dunno, awe inspiring meteor shower or no, I'm looking to the quiet of standing in the cold and dark at 3:00 a.m. gawking at the eastern sky, as are my (geek in training) kids......

PC

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo