Leftists (white) and Black Liberation, was Re: Civil Rights

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Tue Nov 6 07:42:10 PST 2001

Art's stinkbomb worked. Carrol & Kelly have got _me_ riveted on this. I'd say more but they'd think I was sucking up.

Anyway, I've never lived in a racially divided society so there's a good chance I'll say something idiotic here, nevertheless:

I buy Art's story that blacks feel like the rest of the worlds' dispossessed about S11, which can't be said about any other group. As blacks seem to be the only radical force left at a time when the US is in danger of turning fascist - for real, this time - is anyone in the left doing anything to awaken the political consciousness that is buried under their nihilistic hatred?

Hakki