MIME 1.0

Matt Cramer cramer at unix01.voicenet.com
Tue Nov 6 13:46:04 PST 2001

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Question for all you geeks out there - why isn't there a version of
> MIME beyond 1.0?

<snit dick-sling-o-meter flame-bait>

Real geeks know that MIME is the spawn of the devil, and that 7bit ASCII is all anyone should ever use with email.

How geeks transmit text: mono-spaced font, with reasonable line-wraps How geeks transmit data: ftp, rcp, scp (best), http (when in a pinch), but

never, ever, smtp (email) How geeks send emails that include boldface, various colours, and imbeded

html: they don't - no one *needs* bold latters, and if they do, they

should use ASCII like --- ^^^^^^^ Also, geeks tend to think that

people that send html email don't send things worth reading (I

concur).

"The people that invented MIME should be dragged into the street and shot." --Marcus Ranum

Matt

-- Matt Cramer <cramer at voicenet.com> http://www.voicenet.com/~cramer/ PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 icq: 120941588

yahoo msg: beyondzero123 I do not want to die without any scars.

-Tyler Durden