Leftists (white) and Black Liberation, was Re: Civil Rights

Mina Kumar wejazzjune at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 6 14:43:20 PST 2001

>From: "Hakki Alacakaptan" <nucleus at superonline.com>
>To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com>
>Subject: RE: Leftists (white) and Black Liberation, was Re: Civil Rights
>Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 00:19:49 +0200
>

>That's more or less what I meant. Like gender discussions, all thinking
>about race seems to be directed towards linguistic hygiene. It's getting to
>the point where it'll soon be impossible to refer to a black person or a
>woman for lack of PC vocabulary. The most vital issues are being nit-picked
>out of existence.

Perhaps that whereof one cannot speak one should remain silent, or whatever it was the Wit(t) said.

I was going to say that referring to black people's "nihilistic hatred" is usually an indicator that the speaker is somewhere between Allan Bloom and Saul Bellow, politically, but now with the weeping over how PC has silenced discussion, it seems even more apropros.

You could always wear anklets and clink indicatively.