Bush, bin Laden and the CIA

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Tue Nov 6 16:36:04 PST 2001

Tuesday;s Newsnight on BBC led with a scoop

>The US administration has been trying to track down Osama bin Laden for
>years. But were all possible avenues explored ? Indeed, before September
>11th were the FBI blocked from investigating anything that came too close
>to Saudi Royal family or Bin Laden family interests? We have a special
>report.

Answer: Yes!

Background details about the close links between Bush senior and Bush junior with Saudi capital.

The story about a plane taking all the bin Laden family out of the US after Sept 11

Statements that Saudi Arabia really financed the war against Nicaragua, the Gulf War, and Afghanistan.

That immigration control officials were instructed to let in Saudi fundamentalist before they were sent to Afghanistan to fight the "communists".

When Bush came to power there was an instruction to back off close investigation of Saudi potential terrorists in the USA, only reversed after Sept 11th - and not fully.

Comment [CB]

The real story of Sept 11 is not Afghanistan but Saudi Arabia.

Interest lies not so much in the hope of any sleeze in the business connections between the Bush family and Saudi Arabia, as the need to have a complex theory of Saudi capitalist formations - which can throw up a stratum of national capitalists ready to embrace a fundamentalist ideology, who can in the same family have close business relations with US capital, and also lead a campagin for the overthrow of zionism in the middle east and if necessary the House of Saud.

All this looks primitive and unstable beside the higher need of global finance capital for stability and order.

National capital in its various diverse and sharply contradictory forms, must be crushed. But will they have to pay the price of giving bourgeois democratic rights to the Palestinians? And can they avoid the equivalent of the Taliban coming to power over the Saudi oil fields?

Chris Burford

London