MIME 1.0

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Wed Nov 7 13:29:56 PST 2001

Oh, c'mon. This is the geek version of the elite's Veblenesque taste for handmade artifacts. Computers should be easy to use, and if the graphics are attractive, so much the better. Hideous, obscure Unix command lines may make put a spring in your phalli, but give me pull-down menus and catchy icons anyday. Doug

I read this to the shop this morning and brought the house down. Veblenesque, jive? Who the fuck is that?

I had to explain, a turn of the century sociologist---that was all it needed. Oh, yeah Chuck, Mister La-di-da, art nouveux shit.

So Doug you have just sounded a deep solidarity with the working masses. Nevermind the shop crew are listening to Bach's concert no. 7 in G minor for violin, transposed for piano and they are all Mac nuts.

Chuck Grimes