A Cheval!

Daniel Davies dsquared at al-islam.com
Wed Nov 7 23:01:38 PST 2001

>: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 18:50:31 -0800 (PST)
>From: Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com>
>Subject: A Cheval!

>Now the film footage that I want to see is the
>US Special Forces on horseback charging the
>Taliban...now that would be a Kodak moment!

I seem to remember that the ill-fated Rambo 3 has Sylvester Stallone as a US Special Force leading a troop of mujahedin in a mounted charge against Soviet tanks. Since the Soviets pulled out of Afghanistan between the shooting and release of the film, it didn't do all that much box office but they might rerelease it now that it's become topical.

Word of the day is "hobilar" -- if the Northern Alliance, as described, use horses for transportation but fight as infantry, then they are hobilars. Since Rambo in the film fought from horseback (specifically, he used a grenade launcher), he would have bee considered a hussar.

dd