Norway

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Nov 8 05:37:55 PST 2001

[posted from non-sub'd address - please post from the address you're sub'd from please]

Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 14:32:12 +0100 From: "Magnus Bernhardsen" <magnus.bernhardsen at nm.no> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: Norway is number 1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

: Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 00:25:13 -0800
: From: "Ian Murray" <seamus2001 at home.com>
: Subject: Norway is number 1
:
: < http://www.latimes.com/ >
:
: So, This Is Heaven: Norway
: A U.N. report named it the top place to live. And the once poor nation
: is dedicated to spreading its now substantial wealth.
: By CAROL J. WILLIAMS
: Times Staff Writer
:
: November 8 2001
:
: OSLO -- Imagine a world so shielded from modern dangers that children
: accept candy from strangers.

This is such a laugh! A very poorly researched article. I chuckled all through it.

Eight weeks holidays??? We get four weeks + 3 days. We don't lock our doors??? There are no layoffs??? There is no pollution??? We get coffee and pastry for free at work???

Magnus, Oslo