Calling Modern Day Capras

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 8 18:44:01 PST 2001

>From: Kelley <kwalker2 at gte.net>
>
>White House ups Hollywood call
>
>Entertainment’s senior statesmen asked to aid in fight on terrorism
>http://www.msnbc.com/news/654090.asp?cp1=1
>
>By Peter Bart
>Variety Editor-in-chief
>HOLLYWOOD (Variety), Nov. 7 — The Bush administration’s outreach to
>Hollywood has taken on new urgency. The industry’s top leaders, including
>Viacom Inc. chairman Sumner Redstone and News Corp. chairman Rupert
>Murdoch, will assemble in Beverly Hills on Sunday morning with Karl Rove,
>the president’s senior adviser, to hammer out a specific agenda for the
>entertainment industry to aid the fight on terrorism. <...>

Which reminds me, South Park has an excellent show this week focusing on the war. It's a rare thing to find real satire on US TV these days. Episode info from the series' web site:

"Filled with the American Spirit, the children of South Park Elementary have all sent their dollars to the children of Afghanistan. When the boys receive a package from the kids they sent the money to, personnel from every government agency descend upon the town to investigate. As a result, Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman are forced to return an Afghani goat to its homeland." (http://southparkstudios.com/)

Carl