Los Desaparecidos of the USA -- Nationwide Protests?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Nov 9 05:22:49 PST 2001

>Max Sawicky wrote:
>
>>several hundred people in custody because of their ethnicity,
>
>Isn't it approaching 1200 now? With absolutely nothing known about them?
>
>Doug

We should be making a list of los detenidos desaparecidos en USA & organizing nation-wide protests to fight against secret detention, the USA Patriot Act, & the "war on terrorism." In Columbus, OH, we are planning for a protest on December 10 (the "human rights day" in commemoration of the United Nations General Assembly's adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights). Any protest planned elsewhere? In D.C.? In New York?