Nancy Oden: Screwing the Greens?

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Fri Nov 9 09:14:38 PST 2001

From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com>

========= Agree; yet it's precisely the productive debate that can -thankfully- take place in c-spaces like lbo that we can deal with that larger problem.

> I was amazed that when Amy Goodman asked Oden if she'd heard any
> other tales of Greens being harassed, Oden said no, and then Goodman
> just let it pass. This is going to discredit stories of real
> repression, and over the last few days has eclipsed any concern for
> the 1200 people in detention right now, names and charges unknown.
>
> Doug

=============== Well that's our cue to move on to more important things, especially at the demos that may be taking place in the next few days. One analogy I got from a lawyer/human rights professor yesterday is that we're seeing 21st century Palmer raids against yet another minority.Somebody ought to call Amy on that one...

Ian