Marable weighs in

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 9 19:56:37 PST 2001

I agree that police misconduct is not to be tolerated. We in Chicago know a thing or two about it as well. The CPD has carried out deliberate political assasinations (Fred Hampton). I don't see how the cause of ending police misconduct is to be furthered by making absurd exaggerations. The NYPD, like LAPD or the CPD or the Philly PD, is pretty godawful. It's not apologetics, however, to say that these {Ds are not the Salvadorean Death Squads. jks