campus antiwar movement "gaining focus & momentum"

C P quintanus at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 9 21:06:53 PST 2001

> > BAMN people
>
>-What is BAMN?
>
>BAMN is a front group of a particularly nasty cult-like political
>organization called the Revolutionary Workers League (RWL). Their basic
>operandus is to join broad-based coalitions and deliberately destroy them,
>so that they can assume "leadership" of the much diminished issue and
>recruit a few new members.
>
>During the mid-90s struggle for affirmative action in California, their
>leaders would physically assault undergrad leaders, often folks totally new
>to politics, in order to grab microphones and take over rallies. They
>organized to create attack groups to disrupt other affirmative action
>rallies-- at the largest one (about 5000 people), they brought their own
>>They are without question the most psychotic and nasty group of people
>>I've
>ever dealt with on the "left" (with quotes since I don't consider them
>anything but an odd cult)

I keep running into nice freshman who seem to have joined the group, and I wonder if they've reformed, but I doubt it. The most recent riot in Berkeley, excepting the two fraternity riots on telegraph, related to a rally they did, where a teacher in BAMN brought about 130 unsupervised 15 year olds who didn't want to obediently stay at the rally. Anyway, here are several links. The first is a descriptive essay, and the rest refer to incidents in Berkeley: http://www.michigandaily.com/archives/20010928/news/pdf/20010928fridayfocus.pdf http://archive.dailycal.org/archive/10.16.97/news/news_briefs.html http://www.eastbayexpress.com/issues/2001-04-20/feature.html/page1.html http://www.dailycal.org/article.asp?id=4963&ref=search http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2001/03/10/MNE157138.DTL (here, it was ridiculous that they were expecting trouble during the critical mass ride)