US Sedition Act

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 10 06:27:08 PST 2001

> "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who
>inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing Government,
>they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their
>revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it."
> --A. Lincoln, Inaugural Address, March 4, 1861

Nice try, C.G., and lofty political rhetoric, but not law. In fact, Lincoln was immediately to put ther full weight of the United States against some people who triedto exercise that "right," which he always denied existed in law. It is illegal under a whole bunch of laws to actively try to overthrow the government, as opposed to abstractly advocate its overthrow. jks