LBO web updates

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Nov 11 09:34:55 PST 2001

After a very long dormancy, I've updated the LBO website. And, sometime very soon, a total redesign (done by listmember Mina Kumar) will be unleashed on the world; watch this space for future announcements.

New features:

* "War" - an editorial from LBO #98, published in late October. I usually wait a month or two before posting articles, but I put this one up for several reasons - one, because the the issue is so important, and two, because I've heard people characterizing me as pro-war, which it's not. Now, people can read for themselves, rather than relying on out-of-context quotes in the New York Observer, or tendentiously selected excerpts circulated by certain net loons. <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/War.html>

* "Up to the eyeballs" - an analysis of the U.S. debt situation - personal, corporate, and international. <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Debts.html>

* "Blows against Empire," a review of Hardt and Negri's Empire. <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Empire.html>.

I've also updated the pages on the U.S. labor market - employment <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Stats_empl.html>, earnings <<http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Stats_earns.html>, and unemployment <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Stats_unempl.html>.

Doug