Amtrak told to draw up liquidation plan

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Sun Nov 11 09:49:05 PST 2001

I would say more people riding trains and fewer driving and flying would be a good thing.

I resolved to take a train to this year's econo-nerd convention in Hotlanta until I found out it cost more than twice as much and took about 12 hrs. So I'll be flyin again. I don't fly too often but I happened to recently. Hardly any wait at the airport, half- empty planes. It was great. Also the two soldiers w/the cool automatic rifles at the security checkpoint. I can't imagine what contingency they were supposed to guard against. Raid by Mexican banditos I guess. On the way back, they asked me to not bring along my disposable safety razor. Going out it was not an issue. Security.

mbs

>Amtrak's problem is that it was not the target
>of a terrorist attack.
>
>mbs

So you're saying that giving Amtrak more money would help?