Wouldn't ya like to be a Stalinist, too? (was: Sedition Act)

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sun Nov 11 10:12:42 PST 2001

At 06:21 AM 11/11/01 +0000, Justin Schwartz wrote:

>we read, for ex, Elizabeth Fox Genovese's[1],
>>Feminism
>>without Illusions, for instance.
>
>A book a recall rather liking, actually.

i can't recall much about it, except it ends with something like a "we're different be/c of biology in the end, anyway. (go ahead, Rob, bate (not a sic) me :)

>It's a long story. G was a sort of Stalinist as a Marxist,

avoiding ancient list debates and standoffs, could someone explain to me what it means to say "i'm a stalinist" or "she's a stalinist"? is there a, uh, non-pejorative sense of the term?

kelley