Chelsea heckles anti-war rally

Chris Brooke chris.brooke at magdalen.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Nov 11 10:22:26 PST 2001

>would really appreciate it if the members would post sites where the
>stories they post come from. most do give the site reference.
>but now and then a tuffy comes along and i can't find it.
>
>i like to convey interesting material like this story to "friends,"
>who then say the story is just so much nonsense. if i have an
>authority, i can give them the site where the story was published.
>thanks.

The story, by education correspondent Glen Owen, appeared on the front page of yesterday's London "Times". It's on the web at <http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,,2001380020-2001391403,00.html>.

The rally the article mentions took place here in Oxford on 1 November, so the British press only took ten days to get this story, such as it was. I suppose it must have been Clinton's piece for "Talk" magazine which tipped the journalist off to the fact that she'd been at the event.

Chris