Rock the Global

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Sun Nov 11 14:03:02 PST 2001

On Sat, 10 Nov 2001, Chuck Munson wrote:

> While I have a copy of Tom Peters "Liberation Management" in my
> apartment, I swear that it has had no influence on my activism in the
> anti-globalization movements. I doubt that very few other activists have
> spent any time reading managment literature.

That's not how ideology works. Ideology isn't just a text which influences the world (the ultimate example being legislation); it's the appearance of the world, the way things are organized. Walk into a supermarket and buy milk, and guess what -- you've participated in a vast marketing, distribution, retailing and production network, organized in just-in-time loops and overseen by awesomely complex logistical and informatic chains.

-- Dennis