Why the Taliban hate women...

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Mon Nov 12 01:24:39 PST 2001

>After one
> such, accusation I started to bus tips and throw them in the trash like
food
> scraps. How is that for revolutionary transgression against the economic
> order? I estimate I threw away at least 5000 dollars over 2 years.

If I might come back to that point (sorry have been away from the e-mailer for almost a week) . I was being facetious. Kelly picked up on that, no doubt, because no good waitress would have let something like that go unnoticed (that I was throwing away their tips). Actually, my honesty followed a different pathology. Certain waitresses would wear me out, getting me to bus their every table, big group tables, whole banquets, because they knew I could be trusted. I was trusted, and I was poor.

Charles Jannuzi