Weeping Lou

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Mon Nov 12 07:46:18 PST 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis" <dperrin13 at mediaone.net>

Lou Paulsen:

>But his post can also
> be construed as not a message at all, but just a military action - an
> attempt to drown out or disrupt any thread in which I participate

-Is there anything more charming than sectarian self-pity?

It's not self-pity, it's a reflexive strategy by WWP. Any attack on their politics is "red baiting"; any challenge to their methods is "a military action." They use a whole host of rhetorical evocations to clothe themselves in reflected martyrdom and oppression, hoping to actually stifle other peoples' opinions.

It's a cute judo trick in the abstract (although repetitive), but sad that so many political folks fall for it.

-- Nathan Newman