Chip's self-advertising travesty of history RE: Hakki, Paranoia, and Fascist Garbage

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Mon Nov 12 15:43:00 PST 2001

OK, on to part II:

|| =====================

The story, published by the 4th International’s website doesn’t quite fit Chip’s dismissive description. Let me correct Chip’s dyslexic reading of the article.

This, for example, is what Chip calls “single-source and unverifiable”: -------------------------------------------- “The man charged with being the mastermind of the La Belle attack, 38-year-old Yasser Chraidi, was a driver at the Libyan embassy in East Berlin in 1986. He later moved to Lebanon, from whence he was extradited to Germany in May 1996.

Frontal interviewed the two Lebanese responsible for the extradition of Chraidi: the former public prosecutor Mounif Oueidat and his deputy Mrad Azoury. Both confirm that the German authorities used deceit to have Chraidi extradited.” -------------------------------------------- These guys spoke in front of a camera, both telling the same story. Remember, the story is an account of a ZDF investigative report. There are numerous references to documents and witnesses. It’s reasonable to suppose that some of these have appeared on camera. ZDF interviewed a suspect, Mohammed Amairi, as well as his lawyer. Amairi never appeared in court. His lawyer said “he was a Mossad man”. And despite all this, there has never been any other media follow-up.

|| Here is how the Federation of American Scientists reports on the case:

|| ( )

|| FAS is highly critical of US intelligence operations.

The FAS publishes and endorses only official government documents. Nowhere in their terrorism reports will you find any mention of CIA, SAS, MOSSAD or other western outfits’ covert terrorist capers that haven’t already been blown open by the press (like Mensa).

|| The right-wing libertarian

|| Cato Institute also blames Libyan agents.

What a surprise. Right-wing libertarian Cato institute is it? Since when is Cheney’s favorite hangout “libertarian”?

|| Let's see where this story starts. What does journalist Eric S. Margolis

|| report?:

|| http://www.foreigncorrespondent.com/archive/murders.html

|| "Tripoli became a Mecca for every sort of third world

|| revolutionary group.

|| According to Victor Ostrovsky, a defector from Israel's secret

|| service, Mossad,

|| Israel decided to mount a false-flag operation designed to

|| further discredit

|| Libya, and provoke the US to attack an Arab nation. A

|| transmitter loaded with

|| pre-recorded messages was planted in Tripoli, Libya, by a Mossad team.

|| The `Trojan Horse' beamed out fake messages about

|| Libyan-authored bombings and

|| planned attacks that were immediately intercepted by US

|| electronic monitoring.

|| Convinced by this disinformation that Libya was behind the 1986

|| bombing of a

|| Berlin disco in which a US soldier died, President Ronald

|| Reagan ordered massive

|| air attacks on Libya, ( )

|| There is no information here that Libyan agents did not carry

|| out the bombing of

|| the disco, just that Mossad planted a transmitter inside Libya

|| ( )This is the "false flag" operation, not the bombing itself.

I certainly can’t argue with such a brilliant legal mind! Any jury would naturally convict the Libyans knowing that MOSSAD had planted a transmitter in Tripoli to incriminate them. Purely coincidental, obviously. The bombing and the Mossad transmitter are clearly totally unrelated. How stupid of me.

Anyway, Ostrovsky has written a book called “The Other Side of Deception” where he tells the whole story, which is also reported in detail in Margolis ’s article. Margolis is the Foreign editor for the Toronto Sun. Ostrovsky lives in Canada and has declared that he’s willing to testify about the Mossad operation.

|| According to the Christian Science Monitor of 11/01/01: ( )

|| US commander in Berlin had ordered that American servicemen be

|| cleared from

|| places where they usually congregated, Mehlis says, adding that

|| military police

|| were on their way to the La Belle disco when the bomb went off. " ( )

Hold on, does this mean the US commander knew that the “Libyans” were going to bomb the disco?

OK, enough of this. Again, Chris is quibbling in bad faith to score personal points. Let’s just remember what’s _really_ at issue here: Fake transmissions from Tripoli “convinced” the US and Britain that Libya had bombed the disco, as a result of which US planes bombed Tripoli and Benghazi, killing 30 civilians, including Gaddafi’s 2-year-old adopted daughter and narrowly missing assassinating Gaddafi himself. Another litany of crimes, and all Chris can do about it is point to “single sources”. Of _course_ there are some single sources; this was _never meant_ to get out, OK? The fact that this much is known is due to some guys putting their careers and maybe their lives on the line, and getting lucky. Can we please get real now?

Next: Lockerbie.

Hakki