"the sex partners of homosexual employees"

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Tue Nov 13 00:19:18 PST 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin Schwartz" <jkschw at hotmail.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 8:13 PM Subject: Re: "the sex partners of homosexual employees"

> Chill out, Luke. It's perfectly appropriate to slam Alterman for cozying
up
> to the scum that float around the Chi Social Thought Cmtee.

If I had any sympathy for Straussians or Friedmans, Doug's request "Remind me why you're here" (which was directed my way) would've been merited. The "speak truth to power comment" wasn't in reference to prior exchanges about Alterman, Strauss, Berlin etc.

> Incidentally there are good people there too, Robt Pippin, the Kant and
> Hegel scholar, just won a cool mil and half for his Hegel work,w hich is
> first rate in my book.

The UofC is a top-rate school, but they're about as conservative as any elite university.

-- Luke