Why did ISO hijack Berkley CA Schools Conference?

Mina Kumar wejazzjune at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 12 21:21:11 PST 2001

>From: "C P" <quintanus at hotmail.com>
>To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com
>Subject: Re: Why did ISO hijack Berkley CA Schools Conference?
>Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 20:16:03 -0800
>

>>>Ryan is shown standing in the background
>>>as officer#149 is running around, first banging the head of a woman on
>>>the
>>>car as he was arresting her, then dashing around the car to a black woman
>>

>>[sic]
>>

>>** All sympathies to Ryan. The [sic] is for your telling of the tale.
>
>?? I'm not sure I quite understand the second part. Doesn't [sic] stand for
>spelling in context... did I misspell something or do you mean something
>else?

Sic (?), adv. [L.] Thus. This word is sometimes inserted in a quotation [sic], to call attention to the fact that some remarkable or inaccurate expression, misspelling, or the like, is literally reproduced.

http://machaut.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/WEBSTER.sh?WORD=sic

Remarkable was my contention. Unless you want to offer an explanation of why the "woman" had no race, but the "black woman" did.

> Yes, I am hoping that a lot of people come and support him tomorrow, and
>that he doesn't lose his job, or something of this nature.
>Christine

Good luck to him.