Terrorism and Class

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Nov 13 15:52:07 PST 2001

I would presume that the vast proportion of terrorists have in the past and will in the future come from groups closely attached to the ruling classes of various nations. Discontented Nobles. Highly skilled workers who produced for the ruling class or its appendages (e.g., bookbinders).

But I would also assume that such non- and anti- working class figures don't have much room in which to operate unless there exists huge masses of sullen resentment and misery, of those who for one reason another (a) can not speak for themselves and (b) have been separated in one way or another from those who might labor to give them a voice.

Killing off all the arabic and farsi speaking communists in the world is a good start.

Crushing all vaguely progressive religious forces helps a lot.

Advanced working classes quieted by racism helps too.

The bulk of the intellectuals who might influence that working class being primarily interested in showing how much they are above vulgarity could also be useful.

Carrol