Pure Stupidity? Something Else?

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Tue Nov 13 17:25:43 PST 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brad DeLong" <jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu>

> I still can't figure out whether such an extraordinary degree of
> willed obtuseness is the result of pure stupidity, or of something
> more sinister.
>
> If Osama bin Laden were on Saudi soil and in the control of the
Saudi
> government, if Crown Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia were to
announce
> that he would not hand him over to the United States because it was
> his duty to give 'panah' [shelter] to a Brother Muslim, if such an
> announcement were not accompanied by strong diplomatic
> representations that every member of Al Qaeda within reach of the
> Saudi government would shortly lose his head...
>
> ...then the United States would be bombing Saudi Arabia now.
>

> Brad DeLong

========= Great work of censorship shitface:

*As yet we've no direct evidence other than what Tony Blair asserted that Al Qaeda was directly involved in 9-11.

Your unjustifiably belligerent response assumes the classic Western model that all organizations have leaders. We have no evidence that ObL--our Billy the Kid--was the 'mastermind' behind 9-11. Why don't you turn off your TV and read the non-US press and get a clue. I'm not even going to ask you any questions because this is not ever going to make to the level of civil dialogue.

You need to have your amygdala removed, it impairs your capacity for simple etiquette.

Furthermore my query was not directed at you so fuck off.

Ian