Military trials for civilians

Lou Paulsen wwchi at enteract.com
Tue Nov 13 17:58:03 PST 2001

This idea was floated a couple weeks ago in a column - I forget where. The idea was that it might not be good to try Osama in a New York courtroom, because he would have a chance to defend himself, they might not have enough evidence against him, and so on. Ideal, it said, would be to try him in a military court, because they can impose whatever rules of procedure and evidence they like, use hearsay, secret evidence, close it to the public, and do pretty much whatever they like. I'll try to find the column if I get a chance.

lp