FW: [studentsnowar] In defense of the West Coast Conference

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Tue Nov 13 18:56:09 PST 2001

At 08:10 PM 11/13/01 -0500, Liza Featherstone wrote:

>Now, were there some short-comings? Sure. We (CSAW) only scheduled one
>day (Sunday) for decision making; we learned that we need to give this more
>time. Any suggestions about how to do this in a two day conference are
>welcome.

use the internet for housekeeping and debate. voting can be handled online, too. there are a zillion and one coders out there working on pgs online voting. there must be a lefty or two who can help set it up.

save the face to face meetings for generating solidarity. sure, it'd be nice to do it all in person, but...

while limitations in space and time are legit concerns, sometimes the excuse is just a rationalization. it's kind of a no brainer that you aren't going to be able to handle considering and voting on 60 propositions in 1 day, let alone two.

kelley